It is true that a lot of times, the things we fear the most come to us, they happen to us. And that can be pathetic. Remember Job, He was a great man of wealth and influence but he had a deep fear; as expressed in Job 3:25, “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me”.
The enemy had an in-road into Job’s life through his fears. He was able to find restoration though, by overcoming his fears and embracing Faith in God. He later said, ““I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.”, showing incredible belief and Faith in God to restore him. He later went on to have more by Faith than what he lost by Fear.
Inshan Meahjohn said:
“Fear is one of the biggest single factors that deprives one of being able to achieve your full potential. We experience fear more as a result of our internal communication of mind rather than because of actual external factors.
Fear is an unseen enemy that whispers negative thoughts into your mind, body and soul. It tries to convince you that you will not prosper and that you cannot achieve your full potential.
Our lives can be compared to beautiful streams, which are destined to flow, grow in majesty to create wonderful features such as cascading waterfalls, and give nourishment and life to those in its path.
Sometimes we let fear put up a small dam in our rivers of life and it causes us to have stunted growth. We need to be able to rise above it, rise above the fear, break the dam and let our potential flow.
When we allow fear to create dams in our rivers of life, then our streams become like the Dead Sea, which is stagnant and void of life and movement. When we confront fear, we break the dams and free our potential to flow forward.
We are beings of immense potential, ability and skills. In order to realize our God given talents we need to break through the fear barrier, which through its invisible walls traps us better than any physical prison can be constructed by the hands of man. Our human will and faith can break any barriers that fear can construct.”
Indeed, Our will and Faith in God can break the barriers of fear!
* “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
* “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
* “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
* “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” – Romans 8:15
* “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” – 1 John 4:18
Let’s face our fears, overcome them by having Faith in God and Live Life to the full!